Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 1, 2021

1 Corinthians 3:19-20 -- Not That Smart

 



1 Corinthians 3:19-20

 

NKJV

For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, “He catches the wise in their own craftiness”and again, “The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile.”

 

NLT

For the wisdom of this world is foolishness to God. As the Scriptures say, “He traps the wise in the snare of their own cleverness.” (Job 5:13) And again, “The LORD knows the thoughts of the wise; he knows they are worthless.” (Psalms 94:11)

 

How often do we think we are the smartest guy in the room?  For me, more often than I care to admit on certain subjects.  At the times I open my mouth to prove just how smart I am; invariably there is someone else there that is a whole lot smarter than me…it ends up being a “open mouth, insert foot” kinda moment.  I hate the taste of foot!  It reminds me of that old saying, “better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth a prove it”

 

I wonder if we can admit how often we think that our wisdom is greater than God’s? Because, you know, God doesn’t have all the details.  I believe our situations would improve immensely if we spent more time leaning into Godly wisdom and less time leaning into our own understanding.  Wisdom from the world has limits; it is limited by what man already knows.  I know that my wisdom has limits.

 

Let’s lean into God’s wisdom, because to be honest…we ain’t that smart!

 

Not that smart,

cej

No comments:

Post a Comment