Total Pageviews

Monday, November 6, 2023

Isaiah 6:8 - Here I am, Send Me

 


Isaiah 6:8

NKJV

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “Whom shall I send,
And who will go for Us?” Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

NLT

Then I heard the Lord asking, “Whom should I send as a messenger to this people? Who will go for us?” I said, “Here I am. Send me.”

 

I first heard from the Lord clearly about serving in full time ministry almost 25 years ago. And I have fought against that call since then. Oh, don’t get me wrong…I have served as a volunteer a lot during this time. But to pull that trigger and say, “Lord, here I am…send me” for real and for full time? It was a nerve-wracking thing for me in the past. But the Lord has been refining me in the past few years. From a 30 career in the oil and gas industry, to a couple of years in critical power…to now.  Full time ministry as a care pastor (a paid professional as a friend of mine says). I have said that I’m excited, nervous and scared…an you can put that on repeat! But I trust God that the timing is right because HIS timing is always right. Do I feel worthy, to be honest…no I don’t.  I have felt like Isaiah, painfully aware of my own unworthiness, but in the light of who God is and who God has made me through Jesus Christ…the blood has made me worthy. I’m going to lean into that and serve Him the very best way I can.

 

But enough about my calling.  This verse speaks to me about the calling for each of us as believers. Rest assured; God doesn’t just call those in ministry.  We all have a call to serve Him and serve other people. Isaiah was sent out to a people who he was told would not listen to him, but God said go anyway. When we answer a call on our lives; it may be as simple as helping someone change the brakes on their car or as involved as serving in ministry full time; if we let God lead…it will always turn out for the good of God. What is important to know and remember is that when we make Jesus the Lord of our lives, we are saying “here I am Lord, send me!” and then we actually have to “go”.  To do what God is calling us to do.  From my own experience, don’t wait 25 years to finally be obedient. Go now.

 

Finally obedient,

cej


5 comments:

  1. So excited for y'all!! HE will be glorify in your obedience!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got this Cory. Just remember to preach on love a lot! Not enough of that in the world being messaged by God’s people. And no political stuff in the pulpit let God handle that for you. Remember Psalms 118:24 says “This is the day the Lord hath made let us all rejoice and be glad in it”. Keep smiling through the challenges of full time ministry going to be some beautiful God moments that will take you through the valleys. Much prayer 🙏 and love for you and your lovely wife.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cory. Look forward to meeting you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 😇😇🙏🙏Big step but since it was a calling you will be a light for everyone you touch

    ReplyDelete