Total Pageviews

Friday, June 18, 2021

1 Corinthians 3:10 -- Cornerstone




1 Corinthians 3:10

 

NKJV

According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it. 

 

NLT

Because of God's grace to me, I have laid the foundation like an expert builder. Now others are building on it. But whoever is building on this foundation must be very careful.

 

Cornerstone:  Usually the first stone laid in a building, all other stones are aligned with this one.  Great care was made to lay this one straight and level.

 

Paul was talking about the building of the church in Corinth, but I want to bring this to what we know the church is.  The church is us; you and me. Paul tells us that we are to take heed on how we build it.  In short, we must pay attention to what we put in it.  A really exceptional home builder uses all of the best material they can get, they don’t take any short cuts and they don’t use inferior material.  They do their very best to make sure things are level and straight.

 

I think this continues the theme from yesterday, for me.  If I am putting inferior (ie: sinful) things in my life, willingly, then I can rest assured that what is being built will not hold up.  Build your life on the foundation of Jesus Christ.  Take heed, be very careful to only put in your life the things of Christ.  Pursue Him relentlessly!  As believers in Christ, we have been given the freedom from the power of sin.  We just have to choose to live in that freedom!

 

Resting on the Cornerstone,

cej

No comments:

Post a Comment