Total Pageviews

Friday, April 22, 2022

1 Corinthians 4:18 - Don't Make me Come Over There

 


1 Corinthians 4:18

NKJV

Now some are puffed up, as though I were not coming to you. 

 

NLT

Some of you have become arrogant, thinking I will not visit you again. 

 

I can remember being told by my dad, “don’t think I won’t come over there”.  This was usually followed by “and whip you butt”, because I was a trouble-getter-inner-kid.  But I think the first part of this is appropriate.  Paul is saying the same thing, “don’t think I won’t come over there”. 

 

The Corinthians were on their social media (CorinthSpace, maybe), hiding behind their screens.  Saying whatever they wanted too about whoever.  Times haven’t changed all that much, have they?  Here we are, 2,000 years later and we do the same thing.  Aren’t we a whole lot braver online than we are in person?

 

It shouldn’t be this way, we should be willing to speak truth; but speak truth in love and kindness.  We all have the ability to puke our truth on strangers, but what does that gain us.  Are we willing to have a relationship with someone we disagree with in order to understand where they come from and how we can influence them into a biblical viewpoint?  Or do we just vomit our opinions and walk away?  Let’s not be that person, let’s be lovers of people.  Love them enough to have a relationship for change.  Speak God’s truth, just don’t make it a weapon you beat them over the head with.

 

Don’t think I won’t come over there,

cej


No comments:

Post a Comment