Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 20, 2022

1 Corinthians 4:20 - Lead Me


 

1 Corinthians 4:20

NKJV

For the kingdom of God is not in word but in power.

 

NLT

For the Kingdom of God is not just a lot of talk; it is living by God’s power.

 

I think we can all fall into the trap of saying, and doing, all the right things in our visible walk with Christ. I used to tell the youth, don’t tell me the church answers…I know all those. Tell me what you really think. I am guilty of not walking my walk in the power of God, of saying all of the churchy things to make the appearances seem like I’m in a good place. But, at times I most certainly am not in a good place.

 

I have all that I need from God to not just talk the talk; but to walk the walk too! All I have to do is lean into the Holy Spirit; to trust that God said He would never leave me or forsake me (Hebrews 13:5).  I have to believe that the devil will flee from me if I submit myself to God (James 4:7).

 

Wow! How about that? Seems simple enough, just submit to God and the devils gotta go! Ahh…but that submission, that’s the difficult part. To accept the power that I have been given through my salvation; I have to give my whole self to God. This is difficult in that I can’t be about me anymore. It’s easy in that all you have to say is “ok, God…lead me”

 

Lead me today, Lord!

cej

No comments:

Post a Comment