Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 11, 2023

1 Peter 5:7 - Lord Save Me

 


1 Peter 5:7

NKJV

casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.

 

NLT

Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.

 

NIV

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

 

We all deal with it at some point.  To some it can be crippling, leading to health issues both physically and mentally.  I’m talking about anxiety. The thing that can bring to our knees when it hits. Don’t think that you have never suffered from it, I can promise at some point in your life you were anxious and fearful.

 

The easy response to this is that we just need to turn everything over to the Lord and trust Him to guide us and give us peace. But that’s not always easy, is it? There are a whole lot of verses that tell us to trust God, and we should.  That is the answer!

 

But when you are in the middle of it, that’s not so easy. There is a website that lists a “complete” list of anxiety symptoms, they say there are 241 total…241! The world will tell you that some anxiety is normal, that only excessive  or intense anxiety is not. This is completely wrong, fear and anxiety are not the norm. Do I believe we can have chemical imbalances that can mess us up?  Sure. But we can get help for that and I encourage you to get that help. Don’t wait. Normal is what God wants for us.

 

I am reminded of Peter when he stepped out of the boat (Mathew 14:22-33).  When his focus was right, he walked on the water; and when he was focused on the storms and the waves, he began to sink. He became anxious and did the only thing that he could do.  He called out to Jesus, he said “Lord, save me”.

 

That’s where we should be.  Lord, save me!  Save me when I’m in the throes of my anxiety.  Save me when fear is like a claw in my mind.  Save me when I am spiraling out of control.  Lord save me because you love me…and all I have to do is say it! It all comes down to how much I trust God to save me.  Trust God today.

 

Lord, Save me

cej


No comments:

Post a Comment