Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

1 Corinthians 1:11-13

 

1 Corinthians 1:11-13

 

NKJ

For it has been declared to me concerning you, my brethren, by those of Chloe’s household, that there are contentions among you. Now I say this, that each of you says, “I am of Paul,” or “I am of Apollos,” or “I am of Cephas,” or “I am of Christ.” Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?

 

NLT

For some members of Chloe’s household have told me about your quarrels, my dear brothers and sisters. Some of you are saying, “I am a follower of Paul.” Others are saying, “I follow Apollos,” or “I follow Peter,” or “I follow only Christ.” Has Christ been divided into factions? Was I, Paul, crucified for you? Were any of you baptized in the name of Paul? Of course not! 

 

Division is a hot topic in our world today, from racial lines to political lines to church lines.  Satan has done a really good job convincing us to separate ourselves in many ways based on just about anything there is about us.  The church as Corinth was drawing these lines not on who they were following, but on themselves.  They were more impressed with their importance in the following, rather than who they were following.  Each of the men mentioned above were followers of Christ themselves, and the people were segregating things.

 

My thought on this was that we allow this to happen to us.  We create lines in every area our lives, trying to define who we are.  The fact of the matter is the only line we should have is the one we follow directly to Christ.  Everything we hear a preacher say should be measured against what the Word says, don’t follow lines blindly.  Know you identity in Christ.

 

Measuring,

cej

No comments:

Post a Comment