Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

1 Corinthians 1:3

 

1 Corinthians 1:3

 

NKJV

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

 

NLT

May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace.

 

 “Grace is always first, peace always second. This is due to the fact that grace is the source of peace. Without grace there is and can be no peace, but when grace is ours, peace must of necessity follow.” (Lenski)

 

This!  We are offered grace and peace when we finally give our lives to Christ.  For me, this is an intimate act.  I’ve heard it said that grace is some one else accepting the punishment for my sin.  You can’t get much more intimate than that!  The fact that the Lord Jesus Christ took my sin upon Himself and said “I got this”; that He was willing to do that, showed His great love for me.  When we finally grasp this concept; I mean truly get this…that’s when the peace will come.  But as long as we struggle with our identity in Christ; as long as we struggle with this idea that someone loved us enough to die for you and I…we won’t have peace.  Please understand that you are loved beyond measure!  Jesus Christ didn’t have to look at you to see if you were skinny enough; that you were successful enough; or any other measurement that the world gives.  He looked at you and said, “You are my Fathers child, I love you because I love you” That should bring about peace!  Can you accept that?  Please, do it today!

 

Grace and peace to you,

cej

No comments:

Post a Comment