Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 5, 2021

1 Corinthians 2:13 -- Just a Peep!

 



1 Corinthians 2:13

 

NKJV

These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

 

NLT

When we tell you these things, we do not use words that come from human wisdom. Instead, we speak words given to us by the Spirit, using the Spirit’s words to explain spiritual truths.

 

How many times have you stared at some verses and just couldn’t make them make sense?  Clear to the point that just reading the words confuses you?  That’s where I was today, I just couldn’t wrap my head around this at all, despite what I wrote about verse 12 yesterday.  I just struggled today.  But finally, I got a little peep of understanding.

 

I can know about God with my own reasoning and wisdom, human wisdom.  I can study until I’m blue in the face and still just know about God.  As humans, our capacity for knowledge, and wisdom, is limited.  Limited by what everybody else knows and can discover.  The things of God just cannot be understood.

 

But, words given to us by the Spirit reveal spiritual truths.  We can only get these spiritual truths if we know God.  Knowing God means you have a salvation relationship with Him, that we have given our lives (selves) to Him.  Now the words revealed to us have a deeper meaning.

 

For Example, John 3:16. “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.  When I first read this, I was probably more focused on the sacrifice and what it could mean to me.  As I matured, and this world has gone crazy, my focus has changed to “God so loved the world”.  Can you imagine a God, who so loved the world (no matter who you are or what you believe to the point of rejecting Him) that He would sacrifice it all because he loves you?

 

I believe as we pursue our relationship with God, He reveals deeper things.  Things that we cannot, and will not, understand as non-believers.  Things that will change as we mature in Christ.  There is a difference in knowing about God and knowing God; and this can only be revealed through the Holy Spirit.

 

Just a peep today,

cej

2 comments:

  1. Amen! We shared some thoughts on this earlier. Would it not be amazing if all we could see is peoples souls and hearts the way our Father sees us? The world would be a much better place!

    ReplyDelete