Total Pageviews

Friday, May 21, 2021

1 Corinthians 3:4-5 -- Service With A Smile

 


1 Corinthians 3:4-5

 

NKJV

For when one says, “I am of Paul,” and another, “I am of Apollos,” are you not carnal? Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers through whom you believed, as the Lord gave to each one?

 

NLT

When one of you says, “I am a follower of Paul,” and another says, “I follow Apollos,” aren’t you acting just like people of the world? After all, who is Apollos? Who is Paul? We are only God’s servants through whom you believed the Good News. Each of us did the work the Lord gave us.

 

Sometimes I like to see the fruit of my labors.  I like to be there when someone comes to Christ.  No doubt, an awesome thing.  But isn’t my call to share the gospel…to make disciples of all men?  Why then do I get hung up on the fruits?  Because I have an ego and my ego can get totally sideways with what the call is.  I believe it’s that way for a lot of us, in a lot of different areas.  We like the credit; we like to be recognized…we want to be seen.  Look at me!

 

I think it would be better suited if we’d just plant the seed and let God do the growing.  Then it’s less about us and more about Him.  We can use the same concept with serving.  Sometimes our call is to empty the trash cans and clean the toilets.   Let’s do it with a smile.  Serve for the sake of serving and not the recognition we get.  Where can you get involved today?

 

Service with a smile,

cej

No comments:

Post a Comment