Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 20, 2021

1 Corinthians 3:3 - Not a Mere Man

 


1 Corinthians 3:3

 

NKJV

for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men?

 

NLT

for you are still controlled by your sinful nature. You are jealous of one another and quarrel with each other. Doesn’t that prove you are controlled by your sinful nature? Aren’t you living like people of the world?

 

So, adding on to yesterday…

 

“Spiritual people are to walk in the Spirit. If they do otherwise, they are “worldly” and are called upon to desist. Remaining worldly is not one of the options.” (Fee)

 

Are we guilty at times of living like the world still has its hold on us?  I am.  There are times when the old me pops out and I have decided that guy is pretty useless.  The old me gets angry quickly and does more things to please himself than you would think possible.  That’s my carnal nature, that sinful self.  I behave like a mere man.

 

The end of that verse was what caught me today.  It asks if we are behaving as mere men, it doesn’t say that we are mere men…just that we’re behaving that way.  That’s conviction!  Should we continue to act like we don’t have the power of the Most High God in us?  To often that’s how we live our lives, like we don’t have the power in us to resist temptations.

 

I speak to myself when I say this…grow up!  Leave behind conflict and jealousy.  Quite fightin’ amongst ourselves.  Let’s turn everything we have in a full on, totally focused, drive to be more Christlike.  To follow Jesus so closely that we have dust kicked on us.  We have that ability in us, all we have to do is…do it!

 

Not a mere man,

cej

No comments:

Post a Comment