Total Pageviews

Friday, May 7, 2021

1 Corinthians 3:1 - Not the Baby



1 Corinthians 3:1

 

NKJV

And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual people but as to carnal, as to babes in Christ.

 

NLT

Dear brothers and sisters, when I was with you I couldn’t talk to you as I would to spiritual people. I had to talk as though you belonged to this world or as though you were infants in Christ.

 

I am a firm believer that we cannot lose our salvation; that once we accept Christ as our Savior, then we are saved forever.  John 10:27-30 tells us “my sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.  I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me, for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand.  The Father and I are one.”  But, I am also a firm believer that if we don’t step into the grace, then we will not mature as Christians.  So let me clarify that a bit.  If we don’t let God apply the truths we learn from His Word to our lives, then we don’t grow up.  We remain baby Christians.  In our verse today, Paul is talking to the Christians in Corinth who are still living “of the world”.  Still doing all the things their flesh desires.  Baby Christians.

 

I believe God desires for us to grow in knowledge and wisdom, that He does not want us to stay the way we were when we became new Christians.  I don’t want “Paul” (pastor, mature friends, etc) talking to me as if I’m an infant and neither should you.  Grow up and leave childish things behind.  Stop living for the world and just live in the world, pursue Christ.  Pursue a life separated (holy), study your bible (don’t just read it) and act on what you learn.  Growth is good, sometimes it can be painful, but God will not leave you where you started.

 

Not the baby,

cej


No comments:

Post a Comment