Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 21, 2021

1 Corinthians 2:10-11 -- Lean into the Spirit

 


 

1 Corinthians 2:10-11

 

NKJV

But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.  For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God

 

NLT

But it was to us that God revealed these things by his Spirit. For his Spirit searches out everything and shows us God’s deep secrets.  No one can know a person’s thoughts except that person’s own spirit, and no one can know God’s thoughts except God’s own Spirit.

 

This might be a little confusing…or it might not.  Depends where you are in your spiritual maturity.  The Pulpit Commentary says that the mysteries of God have been revealed to us, but that our knowledge of God must always be relative, not absolute.  It is not possible to measure the arm of God with the finger of man (paraphrasing a bit here).  What this means is that without revelation from God, through the Holy Spirit, this knowledge is not attainable through human wisdom or investigation (from the Enduring Word Commentary).

 

Huh?!?!  Confusing to say the least.  I have to put this in the simplest terms that I can understand and since I have horses, they are my subject.  I can walk out and feed my horse and guess that he is excited to see me, but unless He tells me…I don’t know what he is thinking.  Since horses can’t talk (who’da thunk it), then for Cracker (my horse) it’s his actions that speak to me.  Because all I have to do is pour his feed out and I know exactly what he is excited to see.  It’s the feed he likes, not so much me.

 

It is the same idea with God.  We can guess at what God is thinking, getting it wrong every time!  Or when we become followers of Christ, when we get a FULL dose of the third part of the Trinity.  We get all the Holy Spirit that we will ever need.  The Holy Spirit is the one who can tell us about God and His wisdom. The Holy Spirit is the Teacher, or Guide, who reveals Gods words and wisdom to us.  “no one can know God’s thoughts except God’s own Spirit.”  Make a point to lean in, you can’t get revelation of Gods word through your own power, only through the Holy Spirit.

 

Lean into the Spirit,

cej

No comments:

Post a Comment