Total Pageviews

Friday, April 16, 2021

1 Corinthians 2:4-5 -- Pursuer!

 


1 Corinthians 2:4-5

 

NKJV

And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

 

NLT

And my message and my preaching were very plain. Rather than using clever and persuasive speeches, I relied only on the power of the Holy Spirit. I did this so you would trust not in human wisdom but in the power of God.

 

Paul didn’t speak with persuasive preaching at this time (although there is a place for that style), He knew it was not the time for that.  Because there was an element that were looking for signs (Jews) and wisdom (Gentiles), Paul spoke fully relying on the power of God.  There was no doubt where His words were coming from.

 

You may ask yourself, “how does this relate to me?” It does in that when we witness to people on the subject of Jesus, we need to speak on where we are in our hearts.  As believers, we’re all in a different place…we grow differently.  When we’re a new Christian, should we try to speak like we’re biblical scholars?  I believe we should speak on our excitement and joy of our salvation as newbies.  As mature Christians we can speak a little differently because (hopefully) we’ve studied the Word some and have more knowledge.

 

Even as I write this, I’m struck by the “human wisdom” of my statements.  Is there truth in them?  Yes, some of it is truth as I understand it.  We are all in different places, so the real question is…what is God telling you?  Are you seeking Him out?  Pursue God if you want to know Him better!

 

Pursuer!

cej

No comments:

Post a Comment